Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Mom Wheels

Derrick and I pulled the trigger on a new car last weekend! Thanks to Nana for coming up to watch Drake while we did some test driving and handled paperwork. Our Rogue has treated us so well but we knew, down the road, two kids and a dog would be tight in the Rogue. It was already tight with Drake and Crosby and our Christmas load. The plan was to trade the Rogue for something bigger either now or when kiddo two is on the way but the timing worked out for us to do it now. Derrick's cousin Trey turns 16 in February (crazy!!!!) and the rogue will be the perfect first car for him.

My hopes and dreams included blue tooth and a passenger seat visor mirror. The Rogue is about as basic as it comes so any sort of features would have been an upgrade. We ended up with a new highlander because of the value and amazing consumer reports score. I LOVE it! I feel so fancy and adult driving it but not too fancy that I'll worry about kids and dogs in it. We also paid for full interior protection against stains and rips/tears so we have the peace of mind that it will last us for years and years. 


Two of my absolute favorite features are in this picture. The built in sun-shades are so awesome and fully cover the window to keep the sun out of Drake's eyes. Second, the second row captains chairs are my favorite! I was eyeing these for a few months as we contemplated car shopping. A lot of the newer large SUVs offer them and I love the idea of easier back seat accessibility and it gives Crosby a place to sit in between the seats if there are ever two car seats back there.


How long does the new car happy feeling last? I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment