Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Do Day 2017

This past weekend Derrick and I found ourselves with nothing on the calendar until Sunday evening at 5:00. This has happened maybe zero times ever! Derrick's suggestion was to make it a productive day and just get stuff done.

He was seriously speaking my love language there. I'm a doer and I always have been. In college, my two co-captains dubbed me as the doer for their ideas. They came up with the plan/idea and I made it happen. Derrick is less of a doer than I am. We have a pretty good system going at our house but it was seriously the most amazing idea and thoughtful suggestion ever. He knew that I would love it. A full day of both of us getting crap done around the house.

We dubbed it Do Day and I hope we have more!

Do Day 2017 consisted of:

Laundry- all of it including putting it away
Putting all of our luggage away (from Hawaii....seriously)
Walking Crosby to get breakfast
Him mowing the lawn while I finished mulching
Taking a huge load to the dump- craft room clean out and recent furniture delivery boxes
A trip to Lowes (for more mulch and screws)
Installing the new shelf in dining room (post coming soon)
Making all the guest beds (Jack and friends stayed last week so all the sheets were washed)
Writing an offer
Signing up for our childbirth class
Calling the warranty on our fridge
Labeling all the discs for our team party

It's funny because our house doesn't look too much cleaner but I guess that makes sense because we didn't really clean. We just did all these nagging little things that needed to be done.

Happy Do Day! I hope you Do Day too!





1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I don't Do Day, but you can Do Day at my house anytime you'd like.

    ReplyDelete