Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Aloha Day 1

I'm back! After my longest blog hiatus yet. It was completely unintentional so I'm sorry  I left you hanging! Derrick and I disappeared to Hawaii for 18 days and we we're so busy getting work sorted out before we left that the blog kind of took a back seat.

I'm back now though and have a ton of updates with Hawaii taking the highest priority.


We had an absolutely amazing time! It's going to take several posts to catch you up on everything so here goes. Derrick and I arrived on Thursday the 30th totally jet lagged and but complete excited. Here's our first look of Maui!


We fell asleep at 7 PM that night and we were up by 5AM the next morning starving so we walked to Krispy Kreme before our first Hawaii excursion.

For day one we booked a 24 mile bike trip from the Haleakla Crater.  The bike trip was all downhill with very little pedaling so don't let the 24 miles impress you. It started with a van ride up to the crater complete with photo ops.

Like when the bike fell off the top of the van.


And the time Derrick mis-interpreted my instructions and I supported his weight instead of the opposite.


Before the bike ride started we got a look at the crater and it was truly amazing. This photo is not photo shopped.


This is silver sword. It only grows up in this crater which is otherwise very similar to a desert with very little growth. It feels like bird feathers and has a silver metallic color that actually shines. 


The ride was spectacular and we stopped at a lot of the vistas along the way.

 

I took video of our trip when I could remember so here's the first. 



The bike trip was awesome and a perfect way to spend the day before family arrived. I know I've bragged on Derrick about this before but he is the ultimate trip planner and is always looking for things that he think I'll enjoy while on vacation. I love getting to sit back and just enjoy the trip and doesn't seem to mind taking the reins on the planning.

Don't worry...this isn't going to be a one post per day re-cap but I am going to stop here for now.

1 comment: