Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Guest Room Quirks

I think the quirky things in rooms make your personality really come out and help a room look unique and fun. I wanted to avoid a super long post yesterday but today I thought I'd give a close up of those fun little features that made there way into the guest room. 

I really love the moose sheets I found at Homegoods on clearance. I look through the sheets every time I'm there but the fun ones are usually smaller than a queen so I snatched these up super quick.


My fabric swatches came in for the curtains and this is the winner! I really thought I was going to lean towards the Harry Potter ones I found but it didn't read as well in person. Even Derrick preferred the deer with glasses. Now I'm just waiting for the fabric to come in and I'll whip these up.


I don't remember exactly when I got this little owl but I think it was at a secret santa party. He's a tea bag holder and came with a matching mug and tea pot. He's holding my mom's earl grays for when she comes to visit!


Here's a close up of that Crosby picture in the bathroom. It's my favorite part of the room.


And the shower curtain arrived! It's kind of a hempy-linen fabric and is nice and simple. Just what I wanted. 


The tassels are my favorite part though.


And finally, the bath mat. Do you know how hard it is to find funky bathmats? I searched for a while and this was about as cheeky and fun as I could find without looking like it belonged in a kid's bathroom. I think there's a market there.


I thought our first visitor was coming tonight but Jack stayed with us last minute and got to take the room on a test drive last night. He gave it a stamp of approval!



No comments:

Post a Comment