Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fondu and Sunburns

Alison's boo had a bachelor party in Wilmington last weekend so we decided to have an impromptu girls weekend to relax on the beach after club season.

I drove down on Friday after our high school practice and we dined at Flaming Amy's...the BEST burritos in Wilmington. It's where we always went after playing all day on Saturday at the Wilmington frisbee tournament. No better way to start off a girls weekend than queso and photo boards.


On Saturday we hit up the Limited outlet so Alison could get some professor clothes. I only left with one thing! That's pretty unheard of for me at the Limited. Derrick was shocked.

The beach was gorgeous!! The forecast predicted rain all day so I think it scared off the out of town beach crowd. In reality it was 85 degrees and breezy. AKA perfect beach weather. Unfortunately we both got roasted though. We wore sunscreen but I think the perfect temperature lured us into forgetting to apply enough. 



Guess what we did on the way home?? I bet you won't guess because it is so random. 


Yep...batting cage! I used to play softball but I haven't played in probably 15 years so I was very rusty.




Alison was very Mark McGuire-esk. You know...without the roids. She doesn't need roids.

Saturday night we had the most amazing fondu dinner at the Little Dipper. We were cold from our sunburns and the host overheard us saying that she asked if we'd like to sit on the patio. The magical, totally empty patio.  There was a wedding venue directly behind us so we had fondu and music and it was perfect. 





Bottom line this was an awesome weekend and I have the sunburn to prove it. I'm thankful for Alison making all the plans and inviting me along!

No comments:

Post a Comment