Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Good Read

I've been MIA a little bit but I blame two things. One: work has picked back up again. I was in a lull there for a while which I have learned to embrace so I was getting things done around the house and enjoying some downtime. Well now I'm swinging again so that means I'm busy all the time with work and personal life stuff.  Hopefully I can get back into a routine around here though.

The second thing I blame is our recent trip to the library! First off...side step. I had grand plans to start taking at least one picture every date night and having a monthly round up here so we could remember what we do. It's not always super exciting but we always make a point to have Tuesday date nights and we've been doing them for over a year now. Of course, I managed to get a photo the first two weeks of May and forgot the last two weeks. Anyways, here's what we did:

May 5: Anniversary Snoopys and NCSU Disc Golf


May 12: We went golfing at Knights Play! Derrick has the pictures on his phone so I'll add them later. We didn't actually go golfing, just went to the driving range. It was my first time and I loved it! Dad's bringing me a set of clubs next weekend and we're going to do a 9 hole course! Derrick likes to tell the story of when he hit one and it went high and way left and I naively said "Must be windy up there!"  My bad honey, you're doing great!

May 19- See, this is why I need pictures. I am almost positive this was the night we stayed in and watched one of the Indiana Jones Movies. Derrick has created a list of movies I need to see because I have seen embarrassingly few movies that apparently are "must sees". Actually, now that I say that it may have been "My Best Friend's Wedding" that we watched. Either way I'm pretty sure it was a movie night in.

May 26: Dinner, Library, Read books in Hammock. This was a fun one and the other reason for my recent blog hiatus.

While at the library I picked up Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It's based on a true story of Louis Zamperini. He was a trouble maker turned Olympian turned WWII POW and the story is incredible! I could not put it down. If you don't have anything you're reading right now I would go get this book. It was amazing.


And apparently there is a movie that everybody knows about and everybody has heard of this book because of it. Remember...I don't know movies :)

Anyways, that's what we've been up to! Hopefully I'll do a better job of documenting date nights from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment