Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Family Weekend

A couple weekends ago my family came into town to take our mothers day pictures! This year for Mother's Day we gave both of our moms a professional family photo session and my family was up first last week. The pictures are AMAZING! Seriously, so good! Once we narrow down the ones we're keeping I'll post some of them here. We're using JAGG photography and they are great!

Derrick's mom and little cousin Cassie came up Saturday morning for some Cassie climbing time at the gym. She just turned 8 and Derrick's mom brought her on a celebration trip. She also gave me an awesome birthday present....a Selfie Stick!! And a gorgeous monogrammed purse! I immediately started practicing my selfie stick skills!


 


After climbing we took my family out to teach them pickle ball! Jack is still recovering from nationals so he went out with friends instead but the rest of us hit the courts. I'm going to be honest....after the first minute or so of whiffs and lost balls Derrick and I were wondering if pickle ball was the best choice for the family. It turned out awesome though! After getting the hang of it Mom, Dad, and Jay were all amazing!




Jay is a high school tennis champion so at the end he took Derrick on in a really tight singles match. It was fun to watch but I'm glad I wasn't playing in the 100 degree heat. Derrick ended up with the win but Jay gave him a run for his money during his first day on the PB court!


That night we had everybody over for a cookout to test out the new grill. We used our friend's pesto turkey burger recipe and they were delicious! Derrick did a great job at the grill.






After the cookout Mom pulled out some cupcakes and cards and we had a little birthday celebration for me. It was super sweet.


 

We ended the night with a board game around the coffee table.


The next day Mom and I got some quality time going on a birthday shopping spree at the outlets and getting a pedicure. It was so nice!

I love having a house where we can invite everybody over and have plenty of space to spread out and hang out together. It's been one of the happiest consequences of being home owners.

1 comment: