Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Office Progress

We've been making progress in the office over here. Thank goodness because our dining room is currently buried under the entire contents of our office. I finally chose a color.

First off, here is where we started. Brown. We have 4 shades of brown paint within view of our foyer so the brown had to go.


Here it is after a coat of primer.


 Let me show you my inspiration picture first. It's from this website. I want our house to be fun and filled with personality but I also don't want it to be crazy. I thought this green was so well done and it originally had me sold on green. I have a white desk and pictured white filing cabinets and brown and black accents like seen here.


Well, then came the challenge of matching that green from the picture. This website gave a mix formula for Sherwin Williams but not a sample size. When I decided to just go for it and get a gallon the formula was so large that it would have overflowed the can and Sherwin Williams ultimately said they couldn't make it. Apparently it was created by someone just going back and adding a little of this and a little of that over time and the formula got crazy.  So, I tried to match it with paint swatches. Neither was right. The one on the right was too dark and the one on the left was very flat in person.


At this  point I was second guessing the green so I got two more samples. One was my last attempt at green and the other was a color I pulled from Young House Love's old house. Plummage by Martha Stewart. I actually loved both of these colors and the picture doesn't do either one of them justice. The green is super cool and poppy and the blue has kind of a teal green base.


Ultimately I went with Martha Stewart's Plummage. I decided it would be easier to decorate around and still be a great statement. Derrick helped me with the first coat two weekends ago and I finished the second coat last week.



It's a little greener in person and I love how it looks with the white trim and white french doors. Now I just need to finish painting the filing cabinets which will hopefully happen today. They've been occupying my side of the garage for the last week and a half. I've got one more coat to go!


1 comment: