Saturday, October 4, 2014

About to get studious!

We found a desk!!! And it was cheap. And it's awesome!


So, my realtor friend Amy and I had lunch yesterday and she told me about these three desks she had found on Craigslist and brought home for her husband who needed a desk.  He needed one desk, she brought home three. Talk about service!

If you could see our office right now you would know our desperation for office furniture because right now we have two cheap book cases and that is it. The rest is still all in boxes because if I unpacked it there would be no place for it to go but the floor.

She sent me a picture of the ones she had leftover and said it was ours for $50 so we skipped out on work patiently waited until our work was done and then high tailed it over there! Isn't is beautiful?? It's a bit dinged up and needs a little TLC but Young House Love   , you know, the bloggers I want to be best friends with, did a desk makeover IDENTICAL to this one! Check it out here.  It was fate. And don't judge me but I'm probably going to copy everything about young house love's desk! I had already told Derrick a while ago I wanted a white desk and I love the gold touches they did. I may play around with a stencil to make it more fun too so we'll just see where it takes us!

If it turns out awful we'll just put it in the backyard as a doghouse for Crosby. Win Win!


No comments:

Post a Comment