Monday, June 23, 2014

Holly Is Getting Hitched

What a whirlwind weekend!! I'm taking this morning to recover and catch up on some work from home because I am tired! On Thursday I headed down to Savannah for Holly's bachelorette weekend. I had never been to Savannah and was so excited to get to explore it while celebrating the upcoming wedding of Holly and Alexander.

Rachel (Holly's Matron of Honor), Rebecca, Holly, and I all went down on Thursday for some extra Savannah time. When we got there we relaxed by the pool for a bit before heading down to the river for some dinner.







We ate at One Eyed Izzy's. It was a seafood/Mexican restaurant and it was delicious. They have these four little balconies that have one table each and we were able to snag one. It was so fun to have our own private little balcony overlooking the river. 


The next morning was what I was looking forward to most. Ocean kayaking!!  I am not a coffee drinker but Holly brought back a tiny little frappucino from downstairs. It was sweet enough that I got through about half of it to wake me up for a day on the water!


The kayaking was awesome. We drove out to Tybee Island and met our group and guides there. They drove us out to the water and we kayaked for about 2 hours with a 45 minute swim break in between. It was definitely a work out but it was so gorgeous. I really want a kayak now. It was so peaceful to be out on the water and I could see myself spending many days out on the water with snacks and a book!


After kayaking we were famished! We went to AJs for lunch which was right on the river. The food was delicious but the service was exceptionally bad. Holly had been there before and had good service and the other tables seemed to be doing OK so I think it was just our grumpy waitress. We didn't let it ruin our day though!




After lunch we headed back to the hotel to cool off before the party began that night. The other two girls (Jess and Holly) were getting in later that night and then we were hitting the town! Once we showered and got ready for the night we had a mission to find cups! We had mixed drinks in the hotel room but no cups so Rebecca, Holly, and I headed out to find some. The first place we stopped didn't sell them so we were on our way to CVS when I spotted a pyramid of cups through the door of a student housing office. I was peering through the window when one of the guys inside came to the door so I asked him if we could have some of them. Long story short there were several guys inside and they exuberantly told us we could have all of the cups we wanted and offered to get us a bag so we could take the entire pyramid. It probably didn't hurt that we were all dolled up for the evening. We ended up taking 10 free cups and headed back to the hotel. 


Jess's flight ended up getting re-routed through Agusta so we opened gifts without her and then went on to Zunzi's 2 for dinner where she was able to meet us. 



Zunzi's was awesome! Derrick and I have heard Holly and Alexander tell us about Zunzi's for years so I was excited to finally get to eat there. I had the famous Oliver's Lunch which was a pile of deliciousness covered in Zunzi sauce. Plus the rain held off and we were able to eat on their super cool rooftop patio!

 

After dinner we walked to Smiles Piano Bar. There were tons of bachelorette parties going on. It's a huge place which is awesome because we were able to get a table and not feel crowded like you do in most piano bars. 



 Holly even had to get up on stage and do a little dancing.


It was a super fun weekend. I had to wake up bright and early the next morning to get back to Raleigh for Kristin's bachelorette party but the other girls stayed for the rest of the weekend. I think Holly had a great time which is the most important! She gets married in just under a month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment