Sunday, April 21, 2013

Haircuts, Goat-sitting, Lamps

There hasn't been too much to blog about lately. Derrick has been putting in extra hours with work and I feel like my work has been keeping me really busy too.  Isn't that why I decided to be self employed? So could sleep all day and answer emails while millionaire matchmaker is on in the background? Turns out that's not what it's like.....

 I did manage to give Crosby her summer haircut. She has a tendency to overheat so we started shaving her during the summer a few years go. Seriously...she'll run and run and she won't know when to stop and you'll know she's gone too far when her eyes get all glazey, her mouth is as wide as it will go, and her back haunches start drunkenly swaying.

Here's her before glamour shot.


And during. Look at that expression. Pure bliss. She loves it so much she doesn't move a muscle when I shave her. One of those is true.


And after. You can't tell from this picture but she resembles a palm tree now. I don't shave her head or her tail. She's a little embarrassed in this shot. The second we stepped outside though her head was high. I could tell she felt a million times better.


Last night we stayed at a friends house as a favor. They were heading out of town and needed someone to watch their dogs. Typically we'll just pet sit at our apartment but three dogs in our 2 bedroom apartment would be a little much.We try to keep the dog scampering noise to a minimum for the people below us.  They had steaks and veggies in the fridge for us to grill.  Derrick and I haven't had many opportunities to grill out before...dumb apartment fire laws...so we used this chance to hone our skills. They were delicious!!!

That's Chester in front and Dax standing behind Derrick.


I referenced goat-sitting in the blog title. These dogs are more comfortable off the ground...


It took us a while to get everybody settled for the night but we're always happy to help our dog-owning friends because we know we'll need Crosby watchers in the future. 

This morning Courtney and I hit up the Raleigh Flea Market.  I had big dreams for this trip. Have you seen the new HGTV show Flea Market Flip? It's pretty awesome and you should watch it. I think it comes on Friday nights. Anyways...I think I get overwhelmed by the stuff and the treasures are so sparsely mixed in with all the junk. Plus..when you find a treasure it's more expensive then I think it should be. And by expensive I mean the gold plated 8 drawer dresser is $100.00 and I'm all like "Will you take $5?" 

Needless to say we left empty handed but, much to Derrick's dismay, we have decided we are just a little green and need to go at least once a month.  The day was not lost though! There's always a deal at Homegoods :)

When our parents made-over our apartment (best wedding gift ever) we inherited this living room lamp. Not saying I don't love it Mom and Dad...but I don't love it.  Obviously...I didn't even take time to snap a proper "before" shot before replacing it so I had to take one after it had already been stashed in the guest room.


It's just a little dark for my taste. I'm sure paint would give it a whole new life so I'll probably hang on to it and gussy it up a little later.  I wanted two matching lamps for the living room though and I've been keeping my eye out for something that I love.  Voila! (spelled wallah before Derrick edited this....)


Do you love it? Ignore the makeshift table...that's next on my list. The picture doesn't even do it justice.  And there is a matching one on the other side. I keep looking at them and drooling a little. And, thanks to Homegoods, they were only $30 a piece which turns out is pretty good for a lamp.  Lighting is expensive!!!  


1 comment: