Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pray for Peace

I just got back from Hickory a few hours ago. I made a spur of the moment trip on Tuesday afternoon after learning that my Grandma had been admitted into hospice. She has been battling Alzheimer's and breast cancer for several years now and they have finally taken their toll.  This is a moment that my family has been known is coming for a while. We've been watching her health slowly decline. After seeing her yesterday and today, it doesn't matter how prepared we were. It does not make it any easier. I had a great moment with her today when she was alert and smiled when she heard my voice and we were both able to say I Love You. I am so glad that I was able to get home one last time.  Please pray for my family this week. She has not been given a specific amount of time left but it could be any day. Please pray especially for my mom. She has been caring for my Grandma for years and has been making the difficult decisions as her illness has progressed. She has been at hospice 24 hours a day since Grandma was admitted on Sunday. Also, please pray that when the time comes, she goes peacefully.

I love you Grandma and will miss you so much but I pray that when you get to heaven, you find Grandpa and laugh at all us suckers still down here on earth while you hang out with our maker! See you there one day :)



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer for my Aunt Dale and her family. I love the smiling picture - thank you so much for sharing that. I will keep Aunt Dale and all of you in my prayers during this oh so difficult time. Here is a verse I found comfort in when my father passed.
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those that we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, that was very beautifully written. I adore your prayer at the end. I will indeed say a small prayer for your Grandmother, your Mom and you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandmother is such a sweet, sweet lady! Prayers definitely being sent your way. I love you!

    ReplyDelete