Sunday, December 30, 2012

Picture Perfect Christmas


Look at the quality of that picture! No more camera phone pics for this blog. Derrick got me a new digital camera for Christmas and I love it! I had wanted a new nice camera to use for blogging, life documenting, and real estate and he surprised me with one of the best! Thanks hubs! I surprised him right back with 5th row, center court basketball tickets to the Oklahoma Thunder vs. Charlotte Bobcats game on March 8. We're going to make a weekend out of it in our matching OKC shirts! Needless to say, we had a great 1st Married Christmas together. We are so blessed.

We started our Christmas travels a day late due to the flu. My parents weren't rushing us home after finding out we were contagious and they greeted us on Sunday with air hugs and Lysol wipes. We were able to spend some QT with my side of the family until Christmas eve afternoon. We went last minute Christmas shopping, wrapped gifts, and watched our traditional "It's a Wonderful Life."  I only made it half way through before falling asleep.

We headed to Winston to be with Derrick's family for Christmas Eve. We went to the 5:00 service at his church with his mom and Grandma and then headed to his Aunt and Uncle's house to spend the night and wait for Santa. His little cousins were up at 6:30 to see what he brought! Derrick and I exchanged our big gifts on Christmas eve night because he wanted me to have mine for Christmas morning....but it didn't come with a memory card so you're stuck with phone pictures again!  I don't have too many either but here's what I have.

Here is Riley Facetiming (that's a verb, right?)  with Leanna and Kevin. They were down in Florida with Kevin's family for their first Christmas together but Leanna was able to be there virtually with the kids. 


Santa definitely came!


After opening gifts with Derrick's family, we headed off to Hickory to do Christmas with my family.  They always wait for us to arrive before even going in to the den to see all the gifts. We also have an annual kids at the top of the stairs picture. Mom has that one, but I'll post it when I get it from her. We swung by Walgreens on our way in to get a memory card for my camera. Crosby was the first test subject...obviously.


It's really fun having two Christmases. I'm glad my family chooses to wait for us to get there. We have yearly traditions that we have had to modify since Derrick and I got married, but we're just creating new traditions now. I know it will continue to evolve as Jay and Jack get married and start families, so it's fun to see how each year is a little different. I also enjoy the slow pace of Christmas now that everybody is older. We can all enjoy watching each other open their gifts and  stretch Christmas morning out. 

Here is what the family would look like without me.


We're waiting at the top of the stairs for Dad and Mom to get everything ready downstairs. This happens every year :)

 Santa definitely came!



We hazed Derrick by making him start off as Santa. I rescued him and took over not too far into it though. 



Jay, Derrick, and I got Dad a watercolor of our old house. They just moved into a new house at Thanksgiving and we didn't want him to forget where we started! We left Jack out though...Sorry buddy!


Here is Mom slicing open her new computer!


We were pretty busy before Christmas with everything happening with Grandma and the arrangements that Mom had to make so I volunteered to take care of stockings this year. It was awesome! I loved it. Jay got pick-up sticks in his stocking and thought he didn't want them. Then we got started and it got intense!


And the rest of Christmas day looked like this! Snacks and relaxing. It was perfect :)


Nikki and her Mom stopped by to visit and check out the new house the day after Christmas. I'm so glad that we were in the same place this year for Christmas!!


I hope your Christmas was as great as ours! Mom got Derrick and me that ornament that you saw at the beginning of this post. We had a great first married Christmas and are looking forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment