Friday, February 10, 2017

What's New??

Hey Guys!

Does the excuse that I've been busy even work anymore? I can answer that...no! It does not! It's been over a week since I posted and I think it's because we're busy and I've had a little bit of writers block. Not really sure what to post over here but I hate leaving the blog to develop cobwebs sooo...

Here's a quick run down of the quick highlights recently!


My dear and amazing friend Alison defended her dissertation last week and is now officially doctor Murray! She's been working so hard towards this goal and it is not an easy road. I am so happy for her. She's an amazing professor and is going to change so many lives!


My bookclub had a slumber party at our house last weekend. We're named Prose before Bros...duh. It's a really fun group of girls and I've really enjoyed getting to know the the girls that I didn't know before. I'm also committed to reading the book this next time!


I'm on the hunt for a new light fixture for over the kitchen table. It can't be too modern looking because of the chairs but I definitely can't wait to see the builder fixture gone. I'm thinking a simple drum shade....thoughts?


I totally snapped this photo at Walgreens as inspiration. It shows how they frame their canvases. That looks like a 1x3, a 1x2, and a square dowel to me! I'm definitely going to make my own for my Big Nose Kate painting!


Last week I dove headfirst into a nasty crawlspace with my work clothes on. And it was a CRAWL space. I was on my stomach climbing under HVAC ducts but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!


My notecards are back in stock at Target! These aren't the exact ones I used to have but they are the same general design and they are perfect for work related note writing! I sold them out and I'm planning on checking for more every time I go to target!

Lastly...I'm joining Nikki in a 30 day bootcamp. She inspired me to get back into shape b/c Pickleball doesn't exactly cut it in the off season. It's hard but it's worth it! I'm only on day 4 but I have a satisfying soreness every time I move!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, Laurie! And what a flattering picture you chose!! Thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete