Thursday, May 19, 2016

New Camera

Derrick and I got a new camera! Derrick got me a really nice point and shoot about three years ago and I wore it down. It had been dropped and banged around and generally used to death. While on my bike trip with Jay it officially bit the dust so I looked into making an investment in a nice camera. We wanted something that would last a long time, take really nice photos, easy to use, and be an upgrade for my real estate photos. We landed on the Canon Rebel T5 and it came in one day early on Monday!

It was sitting on the front porch when I got home from picking Leanna, Kevin, and Ellie up from the airport so Ellie was my first muse.

The only toy we have at our house is a toy tool box and tools. Go figure.


 


In general Crosby has been our test subject though as we've been figuring out all of the settings.


Derrick is the worst.  In the best way.....but seriously. I was practicing with the camera and getting shots like this.




Derrick picked it up...tried to take a picture but had to stop because he didn't know where the clicker was....then pulls this out!


That is the exact same time of day! His looks professional....or course. First try.

We've been having fun with it but I think Crosby is over it and ready for us to try our skills on something or someone else.


Classic Crosby wink caught on camera. This happens multiple times a day.






So far I'm loving it! The pictures look great and the camera is pretty easy to use. I'm excited to test out the sports mode at nationals next weekend. We tried it in the house and this is what we got.


Clearly there is room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment