Friday, April 22, 2016

No more poop

Sorry...I didn't clean up for you. What you see is what you get around here.

Since we've moved in I have hated this brown wall on the kitchen island. I mean seriously...could you have picked a poopier shade of brown?


I don't know why I didn't fix it sooner...it took $0 and 45 minutes yesterday. First I wiped it down with a magic eraser. I think the magic eraser made it dirtier...check out the streaks! It was pretty gross though so I wiped down the walls and scrubbed the baseboards.


Our house is only 9 years old but it's showing signs that it's been well lived in already. Two kids lived here before us and we've had dogs and company galore. I haven't touched the baseboards up yet but it's on my list. I think the entire house really needs to be painted so I've got that running through my mind too. Paint makes everything feel so much fresher!


I had a few different navy blue paints from testing for our bedroom and the stripe upstairs so I grabbed a quart of Hale Navy that I already had and 45 minutes later it was looking way better!



Now that it's blue though the green has got to go! Yep...living room is going to get a face lift and we'll probably go a neutral greige. The foyer is a tan that stretches up two stories and into the superbowl room. I really want to go grey but we need something that ties into the tan foyer because it's not getting painted anytime soon. So, I'm thinking a grey with tan undertones. I got a quote from our house painters and it would be $400 to paint the foyer plus I'd have to figure out how to work around the stripe upstairs so I'm just going to see if we can work around it for now.

I'm just happy to finally have that poop brown gone...it was a long time coming and I'm loving the navy so much more!

2 comments: