Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Years Resolutions

I'm not great at resolutions. I forget about them or decide they don't matter or decide no one is watching so no one will notice. Or I just don't make them to begin with. This year though Derrick and I both have made fitness resolutions and we're trying to make each other stick with them!

Derrick got me a fitbit for Christmas and I LOVE it! I've seen them get increasingly more popular and thought it would be kind of cool to have one. Derrick got one for free from his work and ended up not wearing it. A couple months ago I asked him where it was and if I could wear it but he isn't sure where it ended up. Well then I forgot about it and then Derrick surprised me with a Fitbit One for Christmas! I love it because it's not the bracelet style, it's a clip on style like this:

I'm pretty much obsessed with getting my steps now. The first half of my resolution is to get 10,000 steps per day and so far so good. It's been really good to see how stagnant I can get and this has been motivating me to get moving. I've had to pace the house a few evenings to rack up those steps before calling it a night but Derrick put an e-book on my phone so I have something to listen to while I'm walking circles. I also like that you can challenge your friends. I'm currently in a work week challenge with a lot of Raleighwood teammates and it's very motivating to try to beat everybody else out. Crosby is liking it too because she's getting a lot more walks!

The second part of my resolution is no sodas on weekdays. I'm a soda drinker and I didn't want to quit cold turkey but I figured 5 days a week is pretty good. So far so good!

Derrick's resolution is also two part. He wants to be able to clime V5s consistently at the gym. This is a big goal! We're currently climbing 2's and he can sometimes do 3's. They get exponentially harder too. In order to reach this goal he is has another resolution to do 40 sit ups, 20 pushups, and 5 pull ups every night. I'm sure he'll increase those numbers as the year goes on but so far he's doing great and hasn't missed a day! I'll jump in and do them with him sometimes but mostly I just hold his feet :)

We're seven days in so far...358 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment