Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Slooooooooow Down

Seriously?  I haven't blogged in 2 weeks? I'm kind of surprised it's been that long but then again, not surprised. These past two weeks have been my absolute busiest weeks in real estate.  Realtors always joke that if you want to get busy, take a vacation.  At least I thought they were joking.   Derrick and I leave for California for a 10 day anniversary trip and I am terrified! My business has exploded in the past two weeks and I've never left my it this long. I am just now getting to the point where I feel like I'm not spiraling out of control...just in time to hand it over to the agent covering for me.  Breath..... Breath..... Breath.....

In all seriousness, it will be fine. I've been preparing my clients that I will be gone and I've told them all I want to make this as true a vacation as possible, meaning I'm really going to try not to work.  The thing about real estate is unless you go on a cruise without internet or overseas without a data plan, you are never really on vacation. Your phone will still ring and your email will still pile up. I've told them that I will be checking email and voicemail once a day but will only be responding in an emergency and I will have an agent covering for me who can handle anything. I'm actually heading out this morning to meet with him and try to describe the craziness that is going on. On top of that I had 1 closing last week, 2 this week (potentially 3...what??) , and another that is mid-contract that the sellers and I have been working around the clock on.  

Despite my crazy work schedule we have managed to slow down and have some fun these past two weeks. Last weekend was our last "slow" weekend where we have nothing going on until mid-June. I finally cleared that huge map puzzle off of our kitchen table.  


Yeah, that sat there for 4 months.....

Since finally throwing it back in the box I have cranked out three puzzles! Is that embarrassing? Probably! I think for me it's completely mindless and after a packed workday it's nice to zone out with something mindless. Derrick and I are very different puzzlers. He cringes at this sight because not all of the edges are done. I'm more of a free spirit puzzler...no need for the edge to be done before filling it. 


We also were able to shave Crosby this weekend. It was getting so hot and her fur is thick! Of course it's now been cold for the past two days! It always happens like that! My clippers died halfway through...
Nothing a quick trip to target couldn't fix!

Derrick has been awesome and went into the office and to a listing with me this weekend. I was having major lockbox issues and he and I had to slam it around and fix it. 


For the rest of this week I will be tying up loose ends at work and we will be packing and getting ready for California. As stressed as I am about this upcoming trip, I am even more excited about it! This will be a major turning point in my career I think. I have to remind myself that I need to take vacations and I need to allow myself to slow down. I run my business by offering over the top customer service and striving to go above and beyond so it's hard to leave for 10 days knowing I won't be available to do that. I have to remember that my clients are awesome though and they have all encouraged me to leave.  It will be good!

I'm going to try to blog while in California because I'm just not cool with this 2 week gap thing :)

1 comment:

  1. You deserve that vacation! Enjoy! Oh, and I cringed when I saw the puzzle, too :)

    ReplyDelete