Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wedding Time!!

This time last year Derrick and I were in the middle of a crazy wedding season. I think we had 5 total, 3 of which we were involved in. This year is much slower with only one wedding on the calendar at this point and that wedding took place this past weekend. I love weddings so I was so excited to get at least one in this year.

I lived with Madeline for 1.5 years in college. She is hilarious, spontaneous, and full of life and energy. We got along magically and I was so thrilled for her when she found her now husband John! They went through quite a lot during their relationship that really tested their will to be together. Most of their relationship was long distance (very long distance.....overseas long distance) but they persevered and celebrated their love on Saturday. It was beautiful!

Derrick and I drove to Hickory on Friday night since the wedding was in Charlotte the next day. Derrick hadn't been back since Christmas and my parents really wanted to see him. I love that they love him so much :) I thought this picture of Bear I snapped was hilarious!


My parents house is under major renovation and I'm so excited to blog the before and afters. Right now it's in that messy middle stage so I'll save that post for later. Since the inside was under construction we spent a lot of time on their deck enjoying the lakes views and Mom took this pic for us before we headed off for the wedding.


Courtney and I had the honor of welcoming people to the wedding so Derrick and I met Courtney and Jeff at their hotel to change and leave for the wedding. That way Courtney and I could go ahead early and Jeff and Derrick could hang out and watch TV instead of having to sit in the sanctuary an hour before hand.
Here we are heading out of the hotel! This picture was harder to get then it looks...


Madi's dress was stunning and the ceremony was beautiful. It was very vintage. Her dress was form fitted GOLD! lace and her bridesmaids wore a grey-ish khaki color. I don't feel like my description sounds very pretty of the bridesmaids dresses but they looked great! The reception was outside and tented on her neighbors land. It was right next to a pond and was really nice!



Jeff and Courtney! So cute and I saw Jeff and told Derrick he needed a bow tie!


The bride!! And that is Laura-Nelle in blue. She is an incredible singer and sang at the wedding. It was beautiful!


Here is a bad picture of the bridesmaids dresses. Madi has two sisters who were both MOH and John has two brothers who were both best men. It's was so fun to watch these two families come together. All of the siblings get a long and were dancing with each other through the night.



Table settings.


 Cut the cake! I loved that John wore a gold vest and tie to match the gold is Madi's dress.


My pile o cake


They had a live band. It was so fun and Derrick even danced quite a bit with me :) He does not enjoy it but he knows I do so he's very sweet to humor me when we go to weddings. I think I help by not asking him to take me out dancing any other time.


Madi and John's first dance choreographed of course. Madi used to be a professional ballet dancer and knows how to move so she had to live up to high expectations.


Congratulations Madi and John! The wedding was wonderful and you both deserve a lifetime of happiness together! I know you will get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment