Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mini troubles made Marceys go Rogue!

I am blessed.

I am blessed, and spoiled, and very very loved! Three Christmas' ago my parents gave me an awesome gift! They got me a NC State red Mini Cooper for Christmas and college graduation.  My dad had asked me a long time ago what my dream car was and that's what I had said so that's what he got me. I have loved that car.

Unfortunately, recently Derrick and I came to realize the Mini has been causing us more stress then a car should! It is very expensive to maintain and as it increase in miles we were in the shop more and more.  Definitely don't buy a Mini for its reliability.  Buy it because it's adorable and has a 6 speed manual transmission! :)

Anyways, last Monday I was pushed to the breaking point when I had three service lights lit on the dashboard and I received the bill for back brake replacement.  I called Derrick in the middle of his work day and told him I was selling it!  I did manage to make it home to actually rationally discuss it with him before doing anything crazy, but before we went to bed that night, the decision had been made.  Bye bye Mini!

We took it to Carmax to get a quote and I was MAD! They way undervalued the Coop! After taking it to the shop to address a few of those dashboard lights, I took it to another place down the road. Derrick wasn't with me this time and I had no intention of actually selling it that day. Well....I got to haggling with the guy and ended up shaking his hand with a deal. Then he asked me if I had a ride home! Eek...didn't think that one through.  Luckily, my great friend Courtney came to my rescue and picked me up and Derrick came for me after work.

Here's the car getting checked out by the place that bought it.



This was Thursday, we had decided to sell the car Monday.  Here's my last picture with Coop.



Derrick and I had been doing some research and wanted a reliable car, not many bells and whistles, low mileage, and more cargo space.  We found what we were looking for in the Nissan Rogue Krom.  Derrick and I were heading to Hickory this weekend and found a couple at the Winston Carmax that we figured we'd stop by and test drive on our way through.  Well, we ended up driving off the lot with our brand new car Saturday evening.  Carmax was great to work with! I would totally recommend them for buying a car....not so much if you want to get any money when you sell it. Sell it to someone else.

Introducing our newest family member. A 2010 Nisson Rogue Krom with...wait for it...12k miles!! It was an awesome find. Thanks Derrick for doing all the searching :) If you click on that link, ours looks exactly like that. Same color and everything.

Here we are after getting our keys!


It's been real Coop...but we're going Rogue!




No comments:

Post a Comment