Monday, March 26, 2018

22 Weeks with Drake!

Is 22 weeks right? That seems wild!

Good- The past three nights Drake has slept until 4:30 or later on the first go around! I'm hesitant to even type that in case I jinx it for tonight. Before now he's been consistently waking up around 2:00 or 3:00 and crying it out off and on until we go in after 4:30. I think we've also turned a corner in figuring out his naps, at least the timing of them, so I'm sure that helps. It's so nice to be able to get up just once at night, feed him, then put him back down for a couple hours. 


Good- Hugs and kisses. He gives the best greetings to Derrick and I! When Derrick gets home from work we meet him at the garage. As soon as he hears Derricks voice he breaks into a huge grin and always goes straight to him for some hang out time.  If I've been gone for a while or if he has just woken up and Derrick goes up to get him from nap, when he sees me he gets a huge smile on his face then reaches out for my face with a wide open mouth and presses his face to mine. It is the actual best thing ever <3


Bad- **fingers crossed we're turning a corner.. I'm writing this an hour and 10 minutes into his current nap so this doesn't apply today **but for the past week he was giving us 15 minute naps. 15 minutes! It was nuts. I think we've figured out that if we keep him up just a little bit longer (about 2 hours at a time) and if I put him down on his side so that he rolls to his belly for nap, he sleeps longer. We're supposed to put him on his back but once he wakes up, about 15 minutes in, and he's on his back he's just up. If he's on his belly he falls asleep hard. I think we can all agree naps are good for everybody so the 15 minute naps were a struggle but I'm feeling better about things now!


Funny- I captured this video of him laughing and it was SO cute! If I "boo" him I can usually at least get a smile but usually a giggle. I was changing him later that day and he was not happy about it so I pulled out this video of him laughing and he stopped fussing and started laughing at himself. So cute!



In other random catch-up we've had a lot going on including an away tournament to Charlotte, family in town, a lawn make-over courtesy of Dad and Jay, and some house updates. I want to get back to posting some house updates so I'll try to post about the yard later this week. We're also going to be converting the office to a playroom and the craft room to a office/craft room. I "started" it weeks ago and have made zero progress. If he can consistently do these hour long naps I might actually get somewhere, we shall see!


A few more pics, just because I know that's what you're all here for :)



5 months old!


He wants to crawl SO bad! It won't be long. We've already started baby proofing.


Uncle Jay comes bearing the best gifts. Drake loves crinkle books!





No comments:

Post a Comment