Monday, July 27, 2015

First Stop: Ireland

Prepare yourself for some picture heavy posts as I go through our Europe vacation. Let's be real, I know everybody prefers pictures to words in a blog post so I'm not going to feel too bad about the amount of pictures I'm about to share.

The reason for our trip was to watch Jack play for the team USA under 23 frisbee team. Jack is a crazy frisbee player. Just when you think you've seen his best game he gets better the next time. I'm serious...he crushed it in the worlds finals and then came back for his pro team's playoff game and I've never seen him have a better game then there.

Anyways, we figured if we were making the trip across the pond we would extend our vacation by a week in order to get some time sight seeing and exploring while we were over there. We flew out Wednesday and arrived in Dublin Thursday morning before the tournament. The jet lag was pretty terrible since we flew overnight and the airline kept serving us food and drinks every hour or so. None the less we tried to hit the ground running and power through that first day.

Our first stop was St. Patrick's cathedral.





The inside was beautiful.



I especially loved these old battle flags.




After St. Patrick's we did a walk by of St. Christ's Cathedral before heading towards Dublin castle. The cathedral was under construction and we didn't go in but it was beautiful.



One thing that trended in Dublin were the amazing flower arrangements. These outdoor shops were just dripping with gorgeous flowers. Everywhere in Dublin the the flowers were gorgeous and amazing. I wish mine looked that good...you should see my latest mandavilla. I wish I was joking.


Dublin Castle!




Real estate in Dublin! Derrick and I can not afford to live in the city. Maybe a 500 square foot out dated condo but we'd be stretching our budget.


Mom and Dad made it to Dublin that afternoon and we had a quick lunch before heading over to Trinity College to see the old library and the Book of Kells.







Our last stop of the day was at an instrument shop so mom could test out their whistles. She didn't end up getting one but it was neat to be there and see everything they had to offer.


We crashed hard that night! I had slept maybe an hour on the plane and gotten about a 2 hour nap before lunch and Derrick hadn't slept at all. We were going on 36 hours and I don't think I've ever fallen asleep so quickly in my life. The next day was one of the best of the whole trip. Post to come!

1 comment: