Monday, September 18, 2017

Craft Room...Finally!

Sorry for the blog break! Work has been really stressful the past couple weeks and then we had Leanna and Kevin and their family in town as they evacuated hurricane Irma. The silver lining of the storm was we got some unexpected hang out time with them!

I'm back at it though with a few updates. We're about 6 weeks out from D-day so I've been trying to motivate to finish up a few things. When Ellie was here this week she referred to the craft room as "the messy room" and she wasn't allowed in without an adult. Here's a very clean picture of what we've been dealing with for the past several months. 


Really...throw in several more layers of mess and you'll get a bit closer to reality.

There was also the shelf situation. I wanted to put shelves in this nook and had these big dreams of building thick wood shelves. I got about half way through and then stalled out. I just wasn't loving them and they were hard to get level, and I was growing a human. Excuses, excuses...but these shelves were causing the whole room to sit in limbo for MONTHS!


Once I decided the shelves had to go I finally had the motivation to get this room under control. Derrick helped me demo the shelves and I found a great deal for some shelving at Target during their labor day sale. I then used some extra paint from the office years ago and we were in business!


The intention of the shelves was for Derrick's board game collection that has expanded a lot this summer. We still have a full game closet to sort through. Speaking of which...if anyone wants any high quality puzzles just let me know! I love puzzles but I never do puzzles twice so I have a bunch of great ones I'm happy to lend out or give away!

Once the wall was painted and the shelves were anchored to the wall I was able to organize the rest of the room.



We still have some changes to make to keep this room safe once Furnace becomes mobile but I'm thrilled to be able to walk around this room and call it done for now. It's right next to the nursery so I wanted it to look OK and it's been like Christmas morning turning the corner in the morning and seeing it all clean. It's been such a mess for so long!

I hope to jump back into blogging this week...I have a lot to catch you up on including a car break in, baby shower, baby class, and a growing bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment