Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Florida Visit

Derrick and I finally made it down to Florida over MLK weekend. Leanna and Kevin moved their family there in July and we were excited to get down there and see the new life they've made! We also needed to make sure we stayed on top of our favorite aunt and uncle status for Ellie.

We did a lot of hanging out with this girl.


She showed us how to properly use a tool box.

 
Vegged out on some Disney movies.



Played with the wooden crate we got her for Christmas.


And we probably worked on screwing those screws in for a solid thirty minutes. She knows how to lock in favorite niece status.


She also helped me get my steps in!



Derrick and I kept up our streak of escape rooms! There was a room in Ft. Myers and Derrick and I went with Leanna. There was a groupon that also got us free t-shirts but they were out of our sizes except for Derrick so Leanna is going to get ours later.


The room was pretty good! One of the better ones we did and it definitely had some good puzzles and challenging parts. We escaped with 6 minutes to spare and got candy!


The weather was gorgeous! It made it pretty difficult to come home to 30 degree weather. 




Celebrities are real people too ya'll.


Derrick and I also took some time to watch the Seahawks/Panthers game on Sunday. It was brutal although I'm not upset that the panthers won. Now I hope they go all the way! I just wish poor Russell's team had a better first half.


We're back to the grind and now we're both playing major catch up with busy work weeks. We both had to skip high school practice yesterday because our days blew up on us but 4 hours at Starbucks later and I'm feeling caught up and renewed! We probably won't make it back down to Florida until #2 is born so we'll be hitting up skype to make sure Ellie doesn't forget us!

No comments:

Post a Comment